[Digestion] energy crops

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 19:01:36 CST 2010

Dear Christine,
we have developed a biogas plant that would accept green biomass of any
kind. By using pure leaves, we get daily about 800 litres biogas from a
daily input of about 10 kg fresh leaves. With whole sugarcane (stem and
leaves), we get the same amount of biogas from just 4 kg fresh biomass. We
have developed this technology specifically for use with the vegetable
market waste, but one can also grow a green leafy crop and use it as the
feedstock. I cannot disclose the design details but I can assure you that it
works.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:02 AM, frank <frank at compostlab.com> wrote:

> Christine,
>

> I would talk to Wayne Thompson.
> WHThompson at ag.tamu.edu
>
> as he has been working with biomass materials for energy production.
>
> Frank
>

> Christine McKiernan wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>>
>> Can anyone comment on basic biogas yields they have observed from crops
>> such as switchgrass, miscanthus, sorghum, corn stover?  also, any comments
>> on the practical realities of using such material?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Christine McKiernan

>> for more information about digestion, see
>> Beginner's Guide to Biogas
>> http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/
>> and the Biogas Wiki http://biogas.wikispaces.com/
>>

> --
> Frank Shields
> Soil Control Lab
> 42 Hangar way
> Watsonville, CA  95076
> (831) 724-5422 tel
> (831) 724-3188 fax
> frank at compostlab.com
> www.compostlab.com

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *