[Digestion] The relatively high cost of digesters.

P M Allison pmallison at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 6 23:23:34 CST 2010

The reason digesters can be expensive is because of our lazy and wasteful past.
It is only due to the present energy crisis that development of sustainable waste management practices are now being implemented. If we had any sense in the past to regard waste as a resource, rather than a problem, the situations we now face with greenhouse gas emissions, resource depletion, water shortage, soil degradation, pollution, wildlife extinction, fish stocks crashing, climate change, etc, etc, would not be happening now.
The way we are going, western civilization has the same conclusion all civilizations of the past experienced; finality.
Bacteria have been more beneficial to this planet than all the rest of us combined.
Peter.