[Digestion] Anaerobic Digestion Operations Job Opportunity - Massachusetts, USA

Jay Kilbourn Jay.Kilbourn at CASELLA.COM
Fri Nov 26 14:10:22 CST 2010

Agreen Operations Manager

New  England Organics is a leading provider of organic waste management and
recycling  services dedicated to assisting our Customers in achieving their
sustainability  goals  by  optimizing  the  use of their organic wastes and
byproducts. We are seeking an Operations Manager who will join our team and
be  responsible  for the operations of a new project being developed by the
Company  (the  Agreen  Project).     The project consists of five (5), farm
based   anaerobic  digesters  located  on  large  dairy  farms  in  central
Massachusetts  which  will  digest  manure and non-farm food wastes for the
generation of electricity and the production of a stabilized soil amendment
for  use  in  agriculture    This  position has hands-on responsibility for
operating  and  maintaining  the  digesters.    The right candidate will be
trained  by  the  development  team, and oversee project start-up, on-going
project  operations,  maintenance, troubleshooting, and recordkeeping.  The
position will also assist with inbound materials procurement and logistics.
This  position  also  has full responsibility to ensure the project exceeds
performance  targets,  and  operates in full compliance with all regulatory
permits.

This  position  is  based  in Central Massachusetts.   Given the innovative
nature  of  the  project,  the position will report to Director of Business
Development  and  the  Director  of  Operations  during the development and
start-up phase of the project.

Job Requirements:
   ·	3+ years direct equipment/facilities operations experience
   ·	Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical systems
   ·	Knowledge of agricultural and/or biological systems and sciences
   ·	Superior  communication skills
   ·	Proficiency in computer skills
   ·	Strong organizational skills
   ·	Ability to work independently, yet demonstrates a team approach to
      problem solving
   ·	Entrepreneurial spirit
   ·	Business-minded environmentalist committed to Resource Optimization

Education Requirements:
A degree in engineering or related vocational/technical school training

To learn more about our company, please visit our website at:
www.newenglandorganics.com

                      Equal Opportunity Employer M/F

Please email, fax, or send resume and cover letter to:
New England Organics
Attn: Director of Business Development
135 Presumpscot Street, Unit #1
Portland, ME 04103