[Digestion] Digestate comparison to liquid worm castings

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Fri Dec 2 13:46:51 CST 2011

G'day All!

I know that the quality of the liquid digestate as a fertiliser depends on
the type of feedstock ingredients. However, as a generalisation (or with
specifics) how does our liquid digestate compare to liquid worm castings?
Is the digestate even close to the 'potency' of the worm castings?  Also
when comparing the standard NPK values of inorganic fertiliser is there a
rule of thumb that allows digestate to 'compete' with them even though the
NPK values are much higher in the inorganic fertiliser?  This will help me
in talking to farmers when talk about the benefits of our product as
instead of fresh manure or chemicals.

Blessings,
Wayne