[Digestion] dosing for crops

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Tue Dec 6 23:55:47 CST 2011

G'day All!

Thank you for you input and information about the liquid digestate vs worm
castings.

Our biofertilizer experiment with a local carrot farmer will be commensing
this next growing season.  We both understand that it will take a couple
years to judge just how good our fertilizer is.  I would really appreciate
some input as to how much, when and how the liquid digestate should be
applied.  Obviously carrots is the current crop in question but I would
like to have information for other crops too.  I wouldn't like to get off
to a bad start by killing off his carrots in the first experiment. Also we
may need to experiment in combinations of our fertilizer and chemical
fertilizer.  I do understand that different inputs create a digestate of
differing qualities. My digester will be running exclusively on restaurant
kitchen/food waste.  Also does the storage method and length of storage
have an effect on fertilizer qualities?

Blessings,
Wayne