[Digestion] Biogas conversation rates

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:53:20 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Randy Mott <randymott at ceeres.eu> wrote:

> If this list starts becoming a place to expound political theories about
> the world and energy, I will drop out.

Peak Oil is a political theory? Hm.
30 countries that produce oil have already peaked, and ten more are close
(out of a total of 54 countries)--I don't think this is debated by
anyone--see http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5576

> My general feeling is when a renewable energy person begins their
> presentation with global warming and political slides, that they are not
> really a professional in the business.

I'm not sure who you have in mind, but I am not a renewable energy person.
I'm a citizen who would like to learn about how we can all live well a
decade or two or three hence--even more would be welcome. My interest in
biogas stems from the fact that the other, more familiar, stuff isn't going
to be around or affordable forever, and liquid or gaseous fuels have some
key advantages in certain applications.

> We will be selling carbon credits like anyone seriously in the biogas
> business, but I don’t need this list to tell me that by doing so we are
> helping to save the world, etc.

No need to worry. Our world will not be saved by carbon credits. I don't
know who was suggesting that, but it certainly wasn't me.

Reuben Deumling