[Digestion] Studies/Investigations into AD explosions

Voegeli, Yvonne Yvonne.Voegeli at eawag.ch
Thu Jan 27 02:34:29 CST 2011

Dear all,

A quick search for "biogas" + "explosion" on Google revealed quite a few articles about incidents in Germany. In the one article below, it is mentioned that during the last three years, 2-3 biogas plants per year exploded in Germany.

http://www.topagrar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1512&Itemid=399

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/erding/vermischtes/eichenried-explosion-in-biogasanlage-1.1004029

I don't know of any research that has been conducted in this field, but would also be interested in results, especially regarding the low-tech biogas plants in developing countries, which often don't have a pressure control valve etc.

Best regards,
Yvonne