[Digestion] Digestate as fertilizer.

bingham bingham at zekes.com
Sat Jul 2 19:06:59 CDT 2011

Anand,

My concern is the long term depletion of nutrients taken out of the soil by
the crop that is removed.
If the green manure or the sugar does not replace it the food crops slowly
become
lower in food value.
This is not a problem for cotton or other fiber crops not consumed.
There is more to consider than energy when balancing a livestock ration or a
human diet.

Many of the trace elements were transported to the soil by the actions of
glaciers pulverizing the minerals
then transporting them to the soil in Glacier Milk runoff.
I do not know what  phenomenon caused CO2 levels to rise enough to end
previous ice ages (i am skeptical
that dinosaur flatulence caused it).

Modern cultures that live down stream from modern glaciers seem to not be
plagued by many of the modern day
illnesses. It is my theory the food they eat is irrigated with Glacial Milk
which contains the necessary trace elements
to support good health.

If the necessary minerals are not  locked up in the rock found in the modern
day soil microbial action would not seem
to be able to replenish them?

Brent