[Digestion] Digestion Digest, Vol 11, Issue 16

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Jul 22 07:41:35 CDT 2011

G'day Robin et al,

The advantage of using biomass (or organic waste as is possible with AD) is
that we are "rapid cycling" CO2, as the plant material that was recently
absorbing CO2 is used to make CO2 that will (hopefully) be reabsorbed. The
problem with fossil fuels is that the carbon sequestered a long time ago is
released into the atmosphere with no hope of being returned to fossil
reserves in the near future (by definition). Every kJ of biogas that
replaces a kJ of fossil fuel is a win/win situation.

Happy Digesting,
HOOROO

PS: Please delete parts of the original message that are not needed in your
reply!

Mr. Paul Harris, Room 202 Charles Hawker Building, Faculty of Sciences, The
University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond SA 5064 Ph    : +61
8 8303 7880      Fax   : +61 8 8303 4386
mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.