[Digestion] Fwd: The biology of biogas production

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:20:17 CDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/6/2
Subject: Re: [Digestion] The biology of biogas production
To: Gasan Osojnik <gasan.osojnik at gmail.com>

Dear List,
 Irrespective of the substrate, design of the system or the temperature of
the reaction, the proportion of methane to carbon dioxide in the
biogas seems to be constant all over the world. Is there an
equilibrium between these two gases that keeps this proportion constant?
Because in that case, one might introduce carbon dioxide from outside into
the biogas plant and see if the organisms in the digester produce more
methane to reach the euilibrium constant. I shall be grateful to get your
reaction on this.
Yours
A.D.Karve