[Digestion] AD for cow manure

Rex Zietsman rex at whitfieldfarm.co.za
Sun Jun 5 05:13:46 CDT 2011

Thanks Michael,

I will look up the covered lagoon idea as it makes most sense. I am unlikely
to fly to the UK for a course. What other alternatives do we have?

Kind regards
Rex

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:20:12 +0200
From: Michael K?ttner <m.koettner at biogas-zentrum.de>
To: For Discussion of Anaerobic Digestion
	<digestion at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Subject: Re: [Digestion] AD for cow manure

Hi Rex,

Greetings to South Africa, where I lived and worked for three years on an
organic pioneering farm in the Cape in the late 80ies.

What you need is a simple lagoon digester. The stirring and haeting is done
by a punp and a heat exchanger. Here in germany and Brasil the first
efficient lagoon digesters are built. We are helping out in South America at
the moment, but would like to come to S.A. too if opportunity arrises.

I would suggest one of our courses or study tours to get you in the picture.

Please look at our home page www.biogas-zentrum.de. There is also an English
button.

Best regards

Michael K?ttner