[Digestion] AD for cow manure

Vianney Tumwesige trustvianney at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:32:02 CDT 2011

Hey Rex,

Please contact Greg Austin (greg.austin at agama.co.za), he has a company based
in South Africa. I hope he will be of help.

All the best

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Rex Zietsman <rex at whitfieldfarm.co.za>wrote:

> David,
>
> What I have seen down here which sounds and looks attractive is the use of
> bladders. Effectively the "inventor" scraped hollows with adjacent walls
> and
> put in heavy duty bladders that hold about 30m3. He has 11 of them and
> empties and fills one a week with chicken litter. As the bladders are
> black,
> they absorb heat from the sun which helps keep the temperature up. He then
> uses two bladders as his gas storage system. By packing rocks onto the
> bladder, he can pressurise them to deliver gas using PVC piping to his
> generator. His H2S removal system was two 200 litre drums welded together
> and filled with machining swarf. Catchpots served both as flash back
> arrestors and as condensate drains. Each bag costs about $1500.
>
> The benefit of this simple system is that it is easily tested at the
> one/two
> bag size. If successful ie convinces the farmer that it works, it can
> easily
> be expanded. At the same farm mentioned above, the farmer bought an old
> scuba diving tank filling compressor and bought some old gas cylinders. He
> then rigged his tractors and truck to take compressed biogas into their air
> inlets and save diesel that way. So there are ways of extending the use of
> biogas.
>
> If anyone can add to this type of debate, I believe it would be helpful not
> only to me but the list in general.
>
> Kind regards
> Rex

Vianney Tumwesige
Director - Green Heat (U) Ltd  [image: Picture]
P.O. Box 10235
Kampala-Uganda
256 (0) 71 237 9889

"The more people are self sufficient in cooking fuel, the more personal and
financial freedom they have." - Emma Casson

 <http://trustvianney.wordpress.com/>