[Digestion] 1st International Conference on Biogas Microbiology

Marcell Nikolausz marcell.nikolausz at ufz.de
Mon May 16 04:07:15 CDT 2011

Dear list members and biogas friends,

On behalf of the local organizing committee we have the pleasure to
announce the

*"1st International Conference on Biogas Microbiology" *

We cordially invite you and your colleagues interested in any field of
microbiological research related to biogas production to participate in
this conference to be held in Leipzig, Germany, September 14th
--September 16th, 2011.

The objectives of this focused meeting are to bring together experts of
anaerobic digestion from all over the world and jointly produce progress
in our understanding of the microbial processes behind biogas
production, and to establish future collaborative research on this field.

The preliminary program covers the microbial ecology and physiology of
anaerobic digestion in engineered and natural systems. Additional topics
are microbial networks, process stability, microbiological options to
enhance biogas production and to improve pre-/post-treatment, and
modeling of the microbial process.

International experts invited as keynote speakers have already confirmed
their participation:

- Jane-Jacques Godon (France)

- Heribert Insam(Austria)

- Michael Klocke(Germany)

- Michael Lebuhn(Germany)

- Lutgarde Raskin(USA)

- Bernhard Schink(Germany)

- Andreas Schlüter(Germany)

- Willy Verstraete (Belgium)

More information and details on registration are available on our
website www.ufz.de/biogas-microbiology
<http://www.ufz.de/biogas-microbiology> .

We would be happy to see you in September at the conference in Leipzig!
Please forward the announcement to any colleagues who might be interested!

Best regards

--
Dr. Marcell Nikolausz
Department of Bioenergy (BEN) - in cooperation with DBFZ

phone:  	+ 49 (0) 341 2434 566
fax:      	+ 49 (0) 341 2434 133
e-mail:  	marcell.nikolausz at ufz.de
homepage:	http://www.ufz.de/index.php?de=20729

Das UFZ hat einen neuen Namen:
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ

The UFZ has a new name:
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr. B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinR Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
Administrativer Geschäftsführer: Dr. Andreas Schmidt

I. International Conference on Biogas Microbiology
Leipzig, 14-16 September 2011
http://www.ufz.de/biogas-microbiology
biogas2011 at ufz.de