[Digestion] Greetings from Ukraine

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Sun Oct 2 23:39:32 CDT 2011

G'day all!

My name is Wayne Zschech.  I'm an Aussie missionary who has been living in
Ukraine for 18 years.  My business partner, a local Ukrainian, and I have
started a bioenergy company, where we service a number of restaurants for
their waste vegetable oil and make it into biodiesel (about 15 tonnes per
month).  We are now stepping up into anaerobic digestion as a means of local
job creation and to create another example of renewable energy.  I did a few
experiments a few years ago and was able to produce a combustible gas. But
my reactor had design flaws and we were forced to postpone our efforts.  Now
(after 5 years), we are ready to take on biogas again. There is great
potential to use anaerobic digestion in Ukraine but the technology is
basically unheard of for the most part.
Hopefully with you help we can show case a properly working reactor for
locals.  We have many questions about the process and so please we
patient.   Any input is most welcome.

Blessings,
Wayne