[Digestion] biogas from restaurant oil & food waste

Dick Gallien dickgallien at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:34:42 CDT 2011

Hi Wayne,

You mentioned:
The waste vegetable oil we collect from the restaurants has about 10-12%
water and food waste in it.  We heat the oil up to 65oC and then drop this
'soup' out from the bottom.

How do you drop the soup out from the bottom?  I've never heated WVO, but
thought the 2' of goop in the bottom of a 1500 gal.. plastic tank, with a
valve at the base or a 60 gal. cone tank, with a valve in the bottom,  would
work, but the good oil just funnels down through the soup, so I have to pump
the good oil out from the top,  What's your secret?
Thanks,  Dick

Dick Gallien
22501 East Burns Valley Road
Winona  MN  55987
dickgallien at gmail.com  [507]454-3126
www.thefarm.winona-mn.us

Prison bars do the confining, allowing the prisoner a mental freedom not
possible in schools, where an endless barrage of assignments, lectures,
questions and tests, serve the same purpose, under the guise of education,
while distracting as efficiently as the cracking of whips, keeping the
imprisoned from discovering and pursuing their passions or noticing that
there are no real bars------and by the time they might realize the purpose
of their confinement, it is too late.