[Digestion] dry digestion

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Sun Feb 12 14:15:13 CST 2012

G'day all!

Greetings from very frozen Ukraine!

Does anyone have any experience in using dry digestion?  I am planning on
using food waste and grass, leaves etc. I am hoping to avoid adding water
which creates a very diluted fertilizer and I presume that there would be
an increases in energy consumption of trying to keep (or reheat) all that
liquid in a low solid system.
I really like the OWS Dranco type of configuration. I have been told that
the thermophilic reaction is more unstable in general but maybe someone
still has a working model that is simple enough to run on small scale or
around 20-25m3.  I am happy to do a multistage process if I can get a more
concentrated NPK product.

Please share any info that may be beneficial.
Blessings,
Wayne