[Digestion] dry digestion

christian riu lohri riu.lohri at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:51:04 CST 2012

Hello Wayne

In collaboration with our local partner, we are currently conducting
experiments on a pilot scale dry fermentation plant (made of a
shipping container, 33 m3) as treatment option of the organic fraction
of municipal solid waste in Kumasi, Ghana. Two Swiss students wrote
their MSc thesis about it. You can download it for free under:
http://www.eawag.ch/forschung/sandec/publikationen/swm/organic_waste_management
(Biowaste from Solid Waste - Conception and Construction of a Dry
Fermentation Plant for Developing Countries). Although located in a
different climatic context, you might still find some useful
information.

Feel free to contact me if you wish further information.

Cheers,
Christian

°°°
Christian Riu Lohri
Eawag (Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology)
Sandec (Water and Sanitation in Developing Countries)
Überlandstrasse 133
P.O. Box 611
8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland