[Digestion] Growing Mushrooms from digestate

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Thu Feb 16 15:15:55 CST 2012

G'day all!

I'm looking for information (and experience) on growing edible mushrooms
using anaerobic digestate.  I'm trying to get the most out of processing of
waste organics.
I've grown button mushrooms but have read that the digestate isn't good for
growing them.  Maybe there are other types of mushrooms that can be grown.
We will have straw and other farm residues available to us.  Also if I can
use dry digestion I get to keep nutrients in the digestate that would
normally be in the liquor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Blessings,
Wayne****