[Digestion] Technology provider required for Bolivian project

Jaime Marti Herrero tallerbiogas at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:22:23 CST 2012

hi wolfi am living in cochabamba, and i think i konw the project. we proposed a pilot project with the local goverment to develope a solution for that slaughterhouse, but due to administrative problems of the local goverment we couldnt star the pilot project in 2011. we hope to doit on 2012.our idea is to use an UASB as pretreatment and later aserial of tubular digesters. the problem in these cases in bolivia is the mantainance of the pumps for the uasb, that the is no real secuity asbout their operation by the operators. that is the idea of the pilot project, to prove the operation of the punps, and to prove the tubular digesters as low tech (no agitation, no heating).i hope that the local goverment of cochabamna reactivate this pilot project.also, we are beginnign a siumilar project in Tiquipaya (20km from cochabamba) with a 25 cattle per day slaughterhouse. the experiments will begin to run this month.
the problems are dependet of the size of the slaughterhouseusually the use 1000 liters of water per cattle30 kg of rummen per cattle15 liters of blood per cattle
in big slaughterhouse they separte the solids (rumen and manure)  and aslo the waste water mixed with blood  (red line) to that one mixed qith rummen (green line)... so finally yo can make water treatment by AD. In cochabamba now they are implements a compost factory, and that should be the end of the rumen separated on the green line) in small slaughterhouse they do not separate anaything, and water+rummen+blood go together... this is a mayor problem because you have to treat the solids, and this more por HRT, so more liquid volumen od the digester, so more expensive. In tiquipaya (the small slaughterhouse) we are propousing to sepoarate the riummen and only treat the water-blood+greenline.

in Bolivia there are several experiencies on tubular digesters at household size. there are only a few of medium size digestera (greater than 12 m3) and there are just one digester of 70m3 liquid volumen to threat greay water from a millitary barracks. the digesters needed for the cochabamba
slaughterhouse are much more bigger that the experiencie on the country, so that is why we propose a pilot project to theat the 10% of the waste, to afetr a year, propose a complete system for the 100% of the
slaughterhouse  waste.
i hope this ideas helpswe keep in touchjaime
-----
Jaime Martí Herrero

Technical advisor of biogas for the GTZ-Bolivia
CIMNE (www.cimne.com)
Building Energy and Environment Group
International research cooperation area
La Paz · Bolivia
Tel. (+591)-73 090 621 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            (+591)-73 090 621      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

BIOGAS AND BOLIVIA
-Taller Biogas Bolivia
http://tallerbiogas.blogspot.com
-Video: Biodigester installation in bolivian Altiplanohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmJXDiqu44
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sl0XEN5Bgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0JuV8WD_c
-Manual gratuito-Biodigestores familiares: Guía de diseño y manual de instalación
http://grecdh.upc.edu/publicacions/llibres/documents/2008_jmh_guia_biodigestores.pdf