[Digestion] Verification POME & Animal bones

sandra bos sandra-bos at live.nl
Thu Jul 12 09:29:53 CDT 2012

Dear all,

I am working on two AD projects in Uganda and Tanzania. In Uganda we will have access
to palm oil mill effluent (POME) and in the case of Tanzania, we have access to
slaughterhouse waste, which contains the bones as well (mainly from cow carcasses). We haven't test the 2 feedstock yet.

Does anybody has experience with those 2 feedstock?

With regard to POME, I am looking for data on biogas yield.

With regard to bones; Will it be suitable for AD? Does anybody have experiences
with pretreatment of bones? I read somewhere that, after crushing, it has to be
cooked first before using as feedstock. What would be the biogas yield?

Who can help me out? Or has some useful literature on this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sandra Bos

FACT Foundation