[Digestion] Biogas possibility

Duncan Martin duncanjmartin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 13:48:34 CDT 2012

Thanks to Vianney for such leads.

However, a request to all: *please give a few words of explanation in the
covering email when you forward a link.*

Of course it saves *you* a few minutes if you send it without comment. But *
you* know what it's about; we do not.

So we have two choices: (a) we spend time opening the link, only to find
(in many cases) that *our* time has been wasted (eg because it is of no
interest to us or we cannot offer what is looking for) or (b) we move
quickly on to the next email, in which case *your* time has been
wasted. The nuisance of (a) is exacerbated where internet connxns are slow.
So my guess is that (b) is the outcome at least nine times out of ten.

BTW, this suggestion doesn't only apply to the AD Forum! It should be part
of any code of practice for use of email.

And I mean no criticism of Vianney. This kind of 'blind' forwarding is very
common on every email list I have ever been on - because it arises from a
universal human weakness: we tend to assume that everyone else sees the
world from our point of view.

Duncan Martin (Dr)
Cloughjordan Ecovillage
Ireland