[Digestion] Digester Heating by a thermosiphon system

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Nov 15 21:32:23 CST 2012

G'day Paul,

I think the idea has merit, as it reduces the parasitic energy
consumption, cost(?) and maintenance, but I am not sure how well it will
work. What size digester are you talking about? The other difficulty is
that you want your heater below the digester coils to get circulation
and you also want your digester coils to be at the base of the digester
to get convective mixing within the digester.

All the best,
HOOROO

Mr Paul Harris BEng (Ag) (Melbourne)
Visitor at The University of Adelaide