[Digestion] biogas novice Indonesia

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:35:55 CDT 2012

On 16/10/2012, digestion-request at lists.bioenergylists.org
<digestion-request at lists.bioenergylists.org> wrote:

>    1. Re: Digestion Digest, Vol 26, Issue 6 (Edward Silalahi (PKU))

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:40:56 +0700
> From: "Edward Silalahi (PKU)" <Edward_Silalahi at asianagri.com>
> To: <digestion at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Digestion] Digestion Digest, Vol 26, Issue 6
>
> Dear All,
> I'm a beginner in bio gas, I'm Indonesian country (south asia region),
> in my country we are new for bio gas, so need more learn about this with
> all aspects, I would like to know further about the:
> 1. As I read the CH4 (methane gas) make 23 times worse compare to CO2
> due to  GHG, could I get the technical explaination about this? How the
> process in the atmosphere for GHG effect by CH4 and CO2?

Methane is more reactive in Earth's atmosphere with respect to free
radical intermediates and ozone, therefore is more damaging compared
to CO₂.

> 2. In bio gas installation what is the best parameters of bio gas for
> gas engine?

Depends on the substrate used to generate the bio-gas. From question
3, it seems that you will need to investigate the bacteria most
suitable to digestion of palm nuts.