[Digestion] Manure biogas worms

Murali Krishna bmkrishna6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:42:53 CDT 2012

Good day all,

We have been using biogas effluent and chopped crop waste for producing
vermicompost for the last 10 years.  We had also produced PROM, viz.,
Phosphate Rich Organic Manure (equivalent to DAP). Should anyone is
interested I can send some photographs.

Krishna.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Paul Harris <paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au>wrote:

> Sent on behalf of Wayne,
>
> G'day all!
>
> I've come across an interesting case study using cow manure and
> vermiculture. Unfortunately, this list won't let the link be included. Just
> google Large-Scale Vermicomposting of Dairy Manure (I hope this is the link
> Wayne meant - http://www.extension.org/**sites/default/files/w/1/1a/**
> 07decPPherlihy.pdf<http://www.extension.org/sites/default/files/w/1/1a/07decPPherlihy.pdf>
> )
>
> Apart from the obvious digesting of what they pump off to the aeration
> lagoon, I was wondering is if is possible to replace their
> Pre‐Vermicomposting Conditioning (composting active aeration) stage with
> (probably high solids) anaerobic digestion? The goal would be to get some
> energy/biogas out of this input material/feedstock but leave enough food
> for the worms to eat. That we get biogas, biofertilizer and worms (as a
> high protein feed supplement) and well as serious odour elimination. If it
> is possible that what sort of retention time are we looking at optimally?
>
> Blessings,
> Wayne
>
> --
> Mr Paul Harris BEng (Ag) (Melbourne)
> Visitor at The University of Adelaide

> http://www.adelaide.edu.au/**biogas/ <http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/>

Regards.

Murali Krishna
Chairman
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Ph:+91-40-24339999, 24333333,243355555, 24333555
www.villagevisionindia.com
*

*
*
*
**
*
*
* **Never put water down the drain when there may be another use for it*
*Save the Environment*

*
*