[Digestion] Biogas from ABR?

Anthony Kilbride anthony.kilbride at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:18:13 CDT 2013

Dear friends of AD,

Does anyone have experience of DEWATS using ABR (Anaerobic Baffled Reactor) technology for the treatment of sewage from schools (up to 3000 p.e) in the tropics (I am in Haiti)?

If so, what are your experiences with biogas production - was there a useful quantity for the project site? was it put to some use? and did it add much to the operation and maintenance requirements for the ABR?

Many thanks for your interest and I hope we can discuss other AD technologies as well as the classic; biodigester.

Regards,
Anthony Kilbride.

Ing. Anthony Kilbride MEng CEng MICE
Sustainable Sanitation Consultant