[Digestion] Just starting

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Mon Dec 2 12:05:54 CST 2013

Hi David, Kyle and all,

I am still learning about anaerobic digestion and am wondering if all the lime given to layers to increase shell strength would be a problem in anaerobic digestion? Or would it keep the pH buffered at the right value and not let it lower to problem levels? If the pH is high and there is a lot of ammonia produced (especially at the higher temperatures) I would think that might be toxic to the microbes?

Thanks

Frank

Frank Shields

Control Laboratories; Inc.