[Digestion] Leasing very-small-scale biogas digesters

Alexander Eaton alex at sistemabiobolsa.com
Wed Feb 20 08:41:38 CST 2013

Hi Katrina,

Our biodigesters (www.sistemabiobolsa.com) come in ten sizes between 2 and
40 cubic meters of liquid phase and include modular gas storage,
biofertilizer containers, and gas use equipment.  They have been designed
to be "re-locatable" because land ownership issues an Latin America means
that sometimes land use changes.  We recently relocated a systems after
three years of use, and hand it installed in a new spot the same day.  We
have moved about 35 systems.  They can also be packaged and shipping
anywhere in the world with a no-waste packaging system (everything is used
in the installation).  We currently ship to Latin America and Africa, but
would consider Vietnam! We commercialize the technology through no-interest
loans to farmers currently, but we have researched leasing and would
consider further work.

The technology is patented, and is support by Ashoka, KIVA, the
Nature Conservancy, Kellogg Foundation, and many others and has won a
number of awards over the last seven years.

Best,

Alex

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM, David Fulford <davidf at kingdombio.com>wrote:

>  Hello Katrina,
>
> Try Biotech Ltd (http://www.biotech-india.org/) and ARTI (
> http://www.arti-india.org/), both in India. They are Ashden Award
> winners, so there are details on the Ashden website (www.ashden.org).
> These plants are made of plastic drums with a capacity of 1 or 2 cu.m,
> capable of providing cooking gas from food residues.
>
> A Swiss agency: SANDEC of EAWAG have some useful reports on these
> projects, search under:
> http://www.eawag.ch/forschung/sandec/publikationen/index_EN
>
> I met many people involved in VBA last June when I visited Hanoi.
>
> *--
> Best regards,
>  David
>   *mailto:davidf at kingdombio.com <davidf at kingdombio.com>
>

> *Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:38:59 AM, you wrote:
>
> *
>  Does anybody have any experience or know of any research/documentation
> of very small scale, re-locatable digesters? Capacity, output, lifespan
> etc?
>
> *Katrina Hergstrom
> Organisational Development Advisor
> Vietnam Biogas Association
> *R 104, Bldg 2G, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
> Tel        : +84 4 3726 1771, Ext.32
> Fax       : +84 4 3726 1773
> Mobile: +84 169 300 92 75
> Skype  : kulula177
> Email    : KHergstrom at snvworld.org
> Web     : www.vietnambiogas.org.vn
>
> DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
> are addressed. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
> those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of SNV. SNV
> accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.

Alexander Eaton
Sistema Biobolsa
IRRI-Mexico