[Digestion] Sulphur levels

David david at h4c.org
Mon Jul 8 16:24:31 CDT 2013

Arturo,

On 2/27/2013 11:03 AM, Arturo Ávalos-Longoria wrote:
> We are in Mexico and we install units to generate electricity with
> biogas.
> To reduce the sulphur in the gas, we oxidyze it with good results,
> mainly.
> But there are are 3 sites, with extremely high sulphur levels (70,
> 10 and 5 k ppm!) with no results. The methane levels are OK for two
> sites (55-60%) and bad for one (45). If we increase the air
> injection, the level drops, with a little increase of oxygen in all
> sites.
>
> [...] Any suggestion is appreciated.

Whatever goes in comes out. Do you know what sources of sulfur are
present at the three sites?

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water.   But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/