[Digestion] Digester Selection

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 18 19:17:23 CDT 2013

G'day Prabhu,

One consideration in the selection is the technical expertise available
and the operator time available.

If there is a low level of expertise and little skilled labour a simple
digester operating on a longer retention time will be more robust, but
if there is a skilled labour force available you may decide to go for a
high rate design (which will require more operator time), but make sure
you can get technical advice about the design easily.

In any case I would suggest setting up a small trial digester using your
substrate to gain some experience of the likely design - you can get
some ideas from http://biogas.wikispaces.com/.

Happy digesting,
HOOROO