[Digestion] Req more info on corn borer control with slurry

Murali Krishna bmkrishna6 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:48:31 CDT 2013

Good day Mr. Joe Crescenzi,

I think the larve Spodopetra litura also falls under the same category.
This usually attack in tobacco, chillies, etc.  Both species falls under
one family.  I think the slurry should have some effect on spodopetra
litura also.  It would be great if you can share some of your experiences
on the usage of digestate (slurry) in controlling other insects and pests.

Murali Krishna.

Spondopera frugiperda       Spodopetra  litura

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Joe Crescenzi <joecrescenzi at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Spodoptera frugiperda  is the corn borer we have here in Brazil, with
> very good control by Spraying at 30-40 day intervals. I have eliminated any
> other insecticide. Also controls the same critter in pasture and Hay fields
>
> > Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:17:14 +0530
> > From: chanakya at astra.iisc.ernet.in
> > To: digestion at lists.bioenergylists.org
> > Subject: [Digestion] Req more info on corn borer control with slurry
>

> > Dear Joe Crescenzi,
> >
> > Many thanks for the information on corn borer avoidance with dilute
> biogas
> > slurry from dairy.
> >
> > Being an academic as well as someone who works directly in the field I am
> > tempted to request these little clarifications.
> > a.was the filtered slurry sprayed on the crop and at what stage/age?
> > b.perhaps you also know the name of the borer - the scientific name
> > c.I am not sure which country you are from or referring to where this
> crop
> > is raised.
> >
> > Regards
> > Chanakya
> >

> > --
> > believed to be clean.

> > for more information about digestion, see
> > Beginner's Guide to Biogas
> > http://www.adelaide.edu.au/biogas/
> > and the Biogas Wiki http://biogas.wikispaces.com/

*
*
*
*
**
*
*
* **Never put water down the drain when there may be another use for it*
*Save the Environment*

*
*