[Digestion] Digestion in the Biochar methodology for the American Carbon Registry

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Thu Nov 7 18:44:47 CST 2013

Hello gentle members of the digestion list,

The American Carbon Registry has put together a method for carbon counting
for biochar projects that includes calculations for measuring carbon forcing
emissions from digesting and non-digested feedstocks, and I admit that when
it comes to digestion, I'm in way over my head.  I have no interest other
wanting a useful method to count carbons and climate forcing chemicals, and
I would be delighted of any of you would take the time to check through the
document - the monitoring section in particular and see if the measurements,
equations look reasonable for calculating carbon emissions including
methane.

The link to the explanation of the method:

http://americancarbonregistry.org/carbon-accounting/methodology-for-biochar-
projects

the pdf of the methodology for public comment:

http://americancarbonregistry.org/carbon-accounting/biochar-public-comment

Please send feedback to ACR at Winrock.org
<mailto:ACR at winrock.org?subject=Biochar%20projects%20public%20comments>  or
send it to me directly erin at trmiles.com and I can sum it up and send it to
Winrock International

thank you!