[Digestion] Interaction between bio-slurry and superphosphate

Nicolas Borchers n.borchers at id-ong.org
Tue Oct 29 07:51:04 CDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the interaction between bio-slurry and
mineral fertilisers.

During our field trial this year, we happened to mix together bio-slurry
with superphosphate while planting potatoes. The mixture started fizzing
and foaming intensely. The reaction lasted for a few minutes. The
bio-slurry came from the water chamber of a fixed-dome 10m3 household
digester fed with pig slurry, and had a pH of 7.1. The fertiliser was
normal superphosphate (hence a mixture of monocalcium phosphate and
calcium sulphate). Urea was also present in the same planting hole, but
seemed to play no direct role in the fizzing.

Could anyone shed light on the mechanism of the reaction?

Thank you for any advise,

Nico

--

*Nicolas Borchers *???

Organic Farming Officer ????????

+86 135 7701 0146

Skype: nborchers

*Initiative Développement -- *China *????????*

25C,Mingchang building, No. 32, Middle Renmin st., 650021 Kunming,
Yunnan province, China

???????? ??32?????25?C, ??:650021

+86 (0)871 63181557

www.id-ong.org/cn <http://www.id-ong.org/cn>

Energy Globe Award 2009 and 2011

International Solidarity Award (HCCI) 2007

Offset your carbon emissions with ID -- www.id-ong.org
<http://www.id-ong.org/>