[Digestion] Rural biogas

Rabin Shrestha rshrestha at winrock.org.np
Mon Apr 7 00:54:42 CDT 2014

Hello,

I need some help regarding the promotion of biogas in rural areas. As of
now, in rural areas biogas plants are installed in individual households but
now we are thinking of promoting single (big) biogas plants for a group of
households ( it could be 10 or more households). This biogas plants will be
run by an individual person or LFIs ( any entrepreneur) then they will sell
gas to households.

So I want some information, if this kind of model has been used in any other
place. If you can provide any related information then I will be really
thankful. I also want to know if this is feasible or not ?

Regards,

Rabin