[Digestion] Meso and Thermophilic Operating Temperature

harrisfm at aapt.net.au harrisfm at aapt.net.au
Thu Jun 5 05:44:04 CDT 2014

 G'day Bram,
Chen's Model (available in XL as digcalc.zip at
biogas.wikispaces.com/Online+Course) shows that it is just the RATE
that changes with temperature, the YIELD only changes with loading
rate/retention time. If you treat a given volume of effluent for
longer Retention Times at lower temperatures you will get the same
volume of biogas. In the "normal" mesophilic range a linear
relationship of rate to temperature is a good fit, but I found the
best fit for 10C to 50C(?) is an S curve. I don't have access to XL or
my files on this computer so can't give more assistance at the moment.
I have not followed ammonia loading.
Good luck,HOOROO