[Digestion] Safe Transportation of Low Pressure Biomethane for Social Gatherings

Jacob Douenias jdouenias at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:16:37 CDT 2014

Dear all,

I am a researcher and entrepreneur at Carnegie Mellon University and I am
working on how to share the knowledge and benefits of simple AD systems
with Americans.

My team has been investigating the possibility of converting commercial
food waste to biogas in a low-tech 250 gallon digester, and then scrubbing
that biogas ourselves into biomethane.

We want to hold events or cook-outs where local chefs could cook great food
using biomethane.

To do this in our area the best way to share this biomethane with others is
to drive it to a local gathering.

What do you all think the safest way to go about transporting this
biomethane on the road would be? If we were to invest in a low-cost biogas
inflatable (ie. PVC) and house this bag inside of a large plastic enclosure
would this be relatively safe?

We want to share this technology and its benefits with others!

Can you help us figure this problem out?

Best wishes,

-- Jake Douenias

*http://thebiogenousproject.org/ <http://thebiogenousproject.org/>*