[Digestion] Available process models to understand the effect of operating parameters on anaerobic digestion

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 20:18:48 CST 2015

Dear Sreenivas,
we are dealing here with microbes. They not only have a very high rate
of mutation but also a high degree of variability. If you started out
with cattle dung as the source of microbes, you would get one set of
results, but if you obtained the microbes from moors, rice paddies,
lake beds or mangroves, you would get quite different results. I don't
want to discourage you but only wish to alert you about the
possibilities. A schoolgirl took my advice and used the mud from a
pond near her house as the source of microbes. Her biogas system
worked quite well at 20C.
Yours
A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)