[Digestion] Lessons Learned from the dissemination of Biodigesters for Sanitation in haiti, form 2010 to 2013.

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:17:47 CST 2015

Dear Murali,
thanks for your message. I do not know the calorific value of human
excreta, but by burning dung you get about 4000 kcal/kg on dry weight
basis. If the same dung is converted into biogas, you get hardly 200
 calories out of it. This shows that converting it into methane is to use
fecal matter inefficiently.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)