[Digestion] San Jose Anaerobic Digestion

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Thu Jul 16 12:40:46 CDT 2015

Anaerobic Digestion is becoming more common in the United States as a tool
for diverting food  and other waste from landfills this project in San Jose
is a good example:

http://www.biocycle.net/2014/03/28/high-solids-anaerobic-digestion-compostin
g-in-san-jose/

And with over 250 dairy digesters it's gaining some traction in the US among
dairy operators

http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-785T

Dennis Totzke of Applied Technologies (http://ati-ae.com/)
<http://ati-ae.com/)>  puts together a technology overview for the Marquette
seminar, and he was kind enough to share a copy with me when I visited their
booth at the BioCyle Conference in April.  According to his research, the US
has 610 anaerobic installations, there are 340 in Germany, 332 in china and
275 in Brazil, and there is a steady rate of expansion with approximately
of 100-150 non-lagoon digestion systems installed each year.

This list is pretty quiet this summer, and I found the above articles
interesting and thought I'd share them with the group.

Erin Rasmussen

TR Miles Technical Consultants Inc.   http://www.trmiles.com/

and BioEnergy Discussion Lists   http://www.bioenergylists.org/

erin at trmiles.com