[Digestion] Bioenergy Australia Annual Conference

envirowagg at comcast.net envirowagg at comcast.net
Fri Nov 13 17:34:57 CST 2015

Hello! This is not a technical question. I'm not a professional in the science of digestion, but have a personal interest.

I just read an article in the New York Times that was disturbing in light of the upcoming climate summit meeting in Paris. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/11/business/economy/india-is-caught-in-a-climate-change-quandary.html?_r=0 . The author states India's population will soon surpass China's. How India proceeds on controlling carbon emissions will have a big impact on global climate change.
- around 1/4 of the Indian population has no access to electricity
- India's coal consumption could triple or quadruple by 2030

I believe that India has a longstanding tradition of using small biodigesters as a source of household gas energy. I'm sure that their large population generates a lot of organic waste.

Would a plan to proactively increasing the use of both small-scale and large-scale biodigesters be a practical way to decrease fossil fuel consumption in this key nation? Would other countries be likely to help with this endeavor?

Rose Seemann
EnviroWagg LLC