[Digestion] Biogas from pure layer hen dropping.I am despirate to hear from anyone who knows of a biogas plant working only from chicken droppings. I have 40 000 birds, very small piece of land & the farmer who takes it all now is changing his farming

Randy Mott randymott at envirosolutions.co
Thu Jun 30 08:41:44 CDT 2016

You will have to add some dairy manure or other low nitrogen substrate.  Otherwise, the chicken manure nitrogen/ammonia load will suppress the AD reaction. You also have to be concerned about how often the hen houses are cleaned out to keep the methane production as level as possible.

We have done several conceptual and preliminary designs for this in Poland. You will really need someone who has done it to jump and do the preliminary design and substrate calculations.

Randy M. Mott J.D.

President

Central and Eastern Europe Renewable

Energy Solutions Sp. z o.o.

ul. Emillii Plater 53, 11th floor

00-113 Warsaw POLAND

+48-607 339 012

 <mailto:europe at chwmeg.org> randymott at ceeres.pl

www.ceeres.eu <http://www.ceeres.eu>

Vice President, Polish Biogas Association