[Estufas] Training about Quad TLUD stove Re: [biochar] Re: [Bioreg] Great Permaculture Courses

Paul Anderson psanders en ilstu.edu
Sab Ago 4 10:23:47 CDT 2012

Dear Karin,

I will be presenting at the workshop on Labor Day at The Farm in
Tennessee. Among other things, we will have in-depth work about biochar
production in barrel-size units and also the latest design of the TLUD
stove named "Quad" that makes biochar.

I have just released a short description of the Quad TLUD stove at
www.drtlud.com

I hope that you can be an avenue to introduce it into Belize. I will
train you for that at the Stove and biochar/permaculture camp if you can
attend.

For everyone, I will be training people about making and using the Quad
TLUD at all of my locations in the coming weeks:
Massachusetts early August
Kampala, Uganda mid August
Tennessee start of September
Berlin Germany early Sept.
Honduras late september, and then to Nicaragua and Costa Rica (in Spanish)
Dayton, Ohio 12 - 13 Sept

and then at places that invite me to visit them, almost anywhere in the
world.

Paul / Dr TLUD

Paul S. Anderson, PhD aka "Dr TLUD"
Email: psanders en ilstu.edu Skype: paultlud Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website: www.drtlud.com

On 8/3/2012 8:45 PM, nira kenna wrote:
 > Hello Albert,
 > I am Karin Westdyk and we met at the Farm several years ago (with
Sara Shannon) regarding the Larry Bogart Archives... now, safely
embodied at the Univ of CT special library (activists).
 > I now live in Belize, on 21 acres, half of which is a parrot preserve
and other half striving to become biodynamic, using biochar, growing
neem trees (safe medicine and insecticide) and jatropha (biodiesel)
along with many other fruit and nut trees - free range ducks and chickens.
 > I wrote an article a while ago for the Belize Ag Report on biochar
and have been most fascinated by its potential. I would love to attend
your workshop over labor day but all depends on how I can organize my
trip to the states this fall.
 > Can you let me know the cost?
 > Karin Westdyk
 >
 > “When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to
resemble a nail.” ...Abraham Maslow
 > - Never take anything personally.
 > - Always tell the truth.
 > - Never assume anything.
 > - Always do your best.
 > From The 4 Agreements, by Miguel Ruiz
 >
 > “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”...
 > Buckminster Fuller
 >
 > From: Albert Bates <albert en thefarm.org>
biochar-production en yahoogroups.com; biochar en yahoogroups.com
 > Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 10:05 AM
 > Subject: [biochar] Re: [Bioreg] Great Permaculture Courses
 > Y'all,
 > I am just headed home from the US Biochar Conference in Sonoma wine
country and loaded with new slides and new ideas. One of the highlights
for me was the role of biochar in mitigating drought. It is also an
excellent media for living roofs.
 > Next stop: our first (hopefully annual) Biochar Stove Camp at The
Farm over Labor Day weekend. Anyone who missed the chance to visit The
Farm Ecovillage Training Center for the Bioregional Congress in 2009 --
here's your chance!