[Estufas] Fin del subsidio al gas en Ecuador

Andrew C. Parker acparker en xmission.com
Mie Ago 14 18:25:33 CDT 2013

[Disculpe mi uso de ingles.  Leo mas o menos bien pero es dificil escribir]

I mentioned the following articles on the Stoves list concerning the
planned termination of the subsidy on cooking gas in Ecuador:

<http://www.eluniverso.com/noticias/2013/08/04/nota/1242151/fin-subsidio-gas-operar-hidroelectricas>

<http://www.eluniverso.com/noticias/2013/08/13/nota/1285536/prueban-cocinetas-parroquias-tulcan>

<http://www.eluniverso.com/noticias/2013/08/14/nota/1288706/sube-demanda-cocinas-induccion-calentadores>

This could open up a market for improved biomass stoves, however, the
state seems to be pushing electric pretty hard and I wonder if there would
be official resistance to marketing improved biomass stoves.  Any
ecuatorianos out there that could clarify things?

I think a Belonio type stove could do very well in rural areas, utilizing
agricultural waste.  I tried to convince my wife's sobrina that it might
be a good business to start, but she didn't feel that it could compete
with subsidized gas (at $1.60 for 15 kilos of LPG, what could compete?) --
and she has returned to the US.

Gracias,

Andrew Parker