[Gasification] Syngas on Wiki_

Harrie Knoef knoef at btgworld.com
Wed Dec 29 02:08:54 CST 2010

Dear gasification friends, what is a definition? Is it about what we
mean with the terminology?

I agree and disagree with many statements posted so far, but for me
it makes sense to differentiate between the two.

Regarding producergas it seems we all agree that it contains many
components besides carbonmomoxide and hydrogen (in particularly the
inert nitrogen).
But to my understanding, syngas is purely (or almost) carbonmomoxide
and hydrogen, which makes it a excellent "feedstock" for many useful
applications or as many say a chemical building block for the organic
(bulk) chemistry.
That's probably also the future for biomass; electricity and heat can
be produced by other renewable sources.

Best wishes for the NEW YEAR 2011
Harrie Knoef