[Gasification] Gasification Digest, Vol 4, Issue 37

West Coast Engineering jpgreen at jps.net
Fri Dec 31 07:49:31 CST 2010

"getting to an actually relevant and meaningful small scale
gasification solution is a multi-fronted product design problem.  it
is not simply a reactor design problem, with the rest left to other
"departments" to work out the details.  if you didn't consider
manufacturing and distribution from day one, you are likely going to
return to day one after x years of engineering, and start again.

until we deal with the full suite of issues that contribute to the end
price and user experience, we are not going to create the "lift lid,
put in junk, out comes useful things" washing machine type appliance
that the world really wants this tech to be.  or in other metaphor, a
 "PC of personal scale energy".  that's what i'm trying to make."

-jim

I totally agree with that statement. This is coming from a person who is
designing, manufacturing, and marketing his own products with no outside
funding source and totally dependant on the proceeds from my efforts to put
food on the table now!

The smallest, simplest detail can hold up the whole process and make it not
doable on a practical "real dollars" "your dollars" bottom line marketable
level. Every single step has to be engineered as Jim states from the ground
up or you can be catapulted back to the drawing board in a heartbeat.

I think for gassification that starts with practical fuel processing as
well. A big part of the puzzle.

I patiently await your success, as I'm located remote off grid with a shop
full of machines to run, surrounded by forest, and the cost of fuel is a
consideration.

West Coast Pat