[Gasification] tests to design a new cheap gasifier fan

Les Freeman woodsman47203 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 14:57:58 CST 2010

I have 480 volt 3 phase in my mills and I use Hitachi  VFD's to increase the
speed of the fans. I have driven some of them as 300 hz , at which they saturate
and stop rotation . At 120hz I am getting 7200 rpms out the fans. Hatichi builds
fractional hp VFD's that can be run on 220 volt single phase and the VFD
converts single phase to 3 phase. That feature is quite handy and they are easy
to set up.
Les Freeman