[Gasification] Reinventing wheels, and fans!

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 13 18:01:48 CST 2010

When we used to make plexiglas-softening ovens, we'd just detach a
motor from a squirrel-cage blower, and re-assemble it with a sheet of
asbestos in between.  For higher temperatures, it should be pretty
easy to use a short shaft extension or coupling made of insulating
material.  Many motors have small internal fans, and there is usually
room to add one when an alternate air flow has been cut off.

Bob Stuart