[Gasification] tests to design a new cheap gasifier fan

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Sat Oct 2 16:58:02 CDT 2010

we've been doing some work lately to design a new fan/blower that will
produce the needed vac and heat tolerance for gasifier operation.  as
we all know, there is not an inexpensive source for such a thing from
other industries and applications.  thus we had to build one for the
early gek kits.

the original gek fan proved to not be strong enough once we finally
characterized the vac numbers that produce the flow/heat rates that
correspond to full tar conversion.  the ejector/venturi solution we're
using currently produces plenty of vac and is very flexible, but
requires compressed air.  this is not good for many off grid
situations.  thus we still need a good fan/blower source.  and one
that works on 12vdc, not an ac source.

here's the info an pictures of our recent tests to produce this.  we
are working towards a much simplified solution that also gets rid of
the welding to make it.  this is based on the common car/truck fasco
type fan motor.

http://gekgasifier.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455

jim