[Gasification] Fan design

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 15:12:52 CDT 2010

Jim,

The inlet is where I watch most in sawdust blowers, because the air wants to go from high pressure to low.  If it can short circuit , it will, lowering achieved pressure (high or low) and efficiency.

So if you make an inlet that nearly touches the fan blade, or even use a pipe flange, you can make the two surfaces close, but not touch.  That is the point of highest pressure differential and the North American I have has a ring on that side (of the impeller) for a flat against flat effect.  It has about 1/16" clearance.

Toby Seiler