[Gasification] tests to design a new cheap gasifier fan

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Mon Oct 4 02:20:53 CDT 2010

robert, i agree this is much easier to solve in blown mode.  problem
is most of our small gasifiers do not achieve (nor attempt to have)
absolutely perfect gaskets and other seals throughout the system.
leaks are common, thus the vac mode is attractive to not have gas
leaks.

also, lighting usually requires some type of opening, into which flame
is pulled.  this is usually hard with blown mode into the air intake.
of lighting methods are of course possible.

so to date i haven't found the push mode very reasonable given all the
other factors.  yes, it is easier, but the other problems are harder
to solve, or at least introduce potential for failures that are not
attractive.  or at least that has been the summary for me.

i'm curious how you have resolved this balance of factors in the other
direction.