[Gasification] the most important thing (quite possibly) > i've learned to date

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 04:46:20 CDT 2010

Ken,
I once made a little experiment of torrifying granulated biomass with exhaust
heat of a Lister indirectly .
I found it working all right, the temperatures adequate, but the biggest issue
are probably the tarry (condensable) fumes driven out.
They would also be present in a direct exhaust system and have to be dealt
with.
I guess you don't want to vent them off. They are noxious and they mean money
and energy.
I led them into the Lister's intake and they burnt away nicely with the WVO
diesel, but only for a short time. I guess on a longer base I would find the
typical valve problems.
I still want to persue this way - just no time.

See you in Zellingen next WE ?
The GEK has seemingly arrived.

Rolf